Many programs have communicated to us how important a campus author visit is to a successful common reading program. Sonia Nazario, author of top first-year and community read selection, Enrique’s Journey, travels the country to promote her book and speak to students about the important and timely topic of immigration.
Here is a list of her upcoming events:
- Puente Project, UC Davis, Davis, CA (Nov. 13, 2010)
- Capital University, Columbus, OH (Jan. 17, 2011; 9am)
- Washington State University, Vancouver, WA (Jan. 26, 2011; 7pm Keynote)
- Lone Star College-CyFair, Cypress, TX (March 3, 2011; 7.30pm)
- De Anza College, Cupertino, CA (March 7, 2011)
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College (March 8, 2011; Common Book)
- Moorpark College, Moorpark, CA (March 9, 2011; 7pm)
- Fullerton College, Fullerton, CA (March 10, 2011)
- Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA (April 7, 2011; 1pm, Common Read)
- San Joaquin County Office of Education, Stockton, CA (Sept. 15, 2011)
- American Bar Assn. Fall Meeting & National Solo and Small Firm Conference, Denver, CO (Oct. 21, 2011; Luncheon Keynote, Westin Hotel)
- Cumberland County College, Vineland, NJ (Nov. 2, 2011; 7pm, Common Read)
Your school or library could be next! For more information on requesting Ms. Nazario as a featured speaking for your program, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Sonia Nazario and Enrique’s Journey by visiting the website here.